Old print rescued from a book with collapsed binding. The page is over 100 years old and in very good condition.
Page size circa 150mm x 220mm
entitled – Specimens of Carved Ivory
1. Ivory book cover – Lorch Abbey book: Byzantine, 9th century (South Kengington Museum)
2. The dead Saviour supported by angels, by Valerio Vicentino: Italian, 16th century (British Museum)
3. Tau cross in morse ivory: English 1020 (British Museum)
4. Part of diptych: Roman, 4th century (South Kensington Museum)
5. Chair of Tipu Sahib, from Seringapatam: Indian (South Kensington Museum)
6. The Veroli casket, wood covered with ivory: Byzantine, 11th century (South Kensington Museum)
We can offer lamination to this page for an extra £2.00; if you want this option, use the “Buy it Know” to secure
your purchase and then send us an email with your request and we will send you a revised invoice to pay.